Taexali
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Homepage for the Tribe

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looks like one is now gone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Michel

Looks like one is now gone Empty
PostSubject: Looks like one is now gone   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:13 am

Back to top Go down
Manran

PostSubject: Re: Looks like one is now gone   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Very sad news news.
Back to top Go down
Manran

PostSubject: Honor the Memory   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:48 am

Didean's efforts will not be in vain. We shall continue down the path he cut.

He gave us the initiative and I will not yield that easily.

Also, so everyone knows. Didean, as a Taexali, fought fairly according to the very Rama who petitioned for his banning. Flaminius admitted as much to me.

Didean's fire and passion was a credit to us all and should be remembered as such.

/Salute
Back to top Go down
Manran

PostSubject: Re: Looks like one is now gone   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 am

From one of my favorite mythos comes this tribute.

In Memory of Didean and dedicated to Flaminius Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmXzamLDgFk
Back to top Go down
didean

PostSubject: Re: Looks like one is now gone   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. I wish I could stay and keep helping the Taexali, but probably need to lie low in RVfor a while. Even though I came back with good intentions, well not as much for the Romans, and was playing by the rules, I'm still not welcome in RV Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
~Lela~

PostSubject: Re: Looks like one is now gone   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:45 pm

didean wrote:
Thanks for the kind words guys. I wish I could stay and keep helping the Taexali, but probably need to lie low in RVfor a while. Even though I came back with good intentions, well not as much for the Romans, and was playing by the rules, I'm still not welcome in RV Crying or Very sad

Without second chances, I believe RV would be dead, especially on the Barbarian side. How many times have people quit and came back to RV? Didean, the fact that you realize you made a mistake the first time and tried to make amends this time, shows that you have grown from your mistake. It is truly unfortunate that RV does not give second chances when so many times they were given many by many.

Thank you Didean for trying to help.

Honestly, it seems the Barbarians were put in to be like cattle to the romans. They seem to be surprised when we fight back. RV should have made the Barbarians NPCs imo.

~Lela~
Back to top Go down
Manran

PostSubject: repost   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:24 am

robmcroberts wrote:
On the sacred hill overlooking Taexholm the fires of a funeral pyre resolved themselves to ash. Only then, after an hours long vigil, did the tall warrior who stood closest to the fire turn away. Soot covered his face in a dark shroud only parted by the narrow lines of flesh exposed by falling tears.

He looked out upon the gathered throng. With slow solemnity he drew his hunting knife from its sheath at his waist and cut a forelock from his brow. He lifted it high and turned placing it upon the smoldering remains.

A murmur arose in the crowd. The official period of mourning had ended.

My Brothers ans Sisters! Today we honor the passing of a hero o' the Narth. Lain down is his prime in a most unnatural manner by the vengeful and petty gods of the Rama. But 'tis not a death that will be marked as an ending but rather as a beginning.

For a long time the Taexali people were a peaceful people who sought little but a place to pursue their crafts, only a few among us had the temper of fighters. But those days are past. Now our camps are camps of war. Even now brave warriors from all walks of the free lands have rallied against our craven enemies to the south.

Our forges no longer yield hammers and shovels but spears and battleaxes instead. As war is our lot I will pledge our backs and our souls to it. 'Til the coffers of the tribe run dry and my armory is bare all who need aid waging war against the Rama need only ask of me or my kin and we will provide.

I hath proclaimed to the Rama that a swath of land they hath seized as there own is now forfeit. I hath no desire for land or wealth. All these liberated lands are open to all Free Peoples to make their own.

All who can fight, all who will no longer live in as a bootlick of Rome, join with me. From here we march southwest to Fort Didean. There we shall hold the line of battle. From that base we shall launch our raids deep into the enemies festering nests.

And 'ware to you Rama who think that we Free People care for maps. Maps are for the Greeks. Anywhere you hide or seek to stow your ill gotten gains is within reach of our spears!

Even today Romans cowered before us while we relieved them of their plunder, peering like children from behind barricaded doors. Phah! Where are your mighty legions now Rome? Where were they while I relieved my bladder in Corst's forum? Hah! They were nowhere to be seen for they have grown accustomed to hiding in haystacks and stabbing farmers in the dark.

I bid you march my fellow Freemen! Follow your own hearts and they will steer you true. The time for war is on us and must now we rid our land once and for all from this unholy scourge.

Now is the time.

MARCH FREE PEOPLE! MARCH TO WAR!!!
Back to top Go down
Manran

PostSubject: Re: Looks like one is now gone   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:15 pm

I am saddened to report that Michel and Lela will not be rejoining us. They are both well but have decided to leave rv.......another grievous lose to mourn.
Back to top Go down
Helvettus_

PostSubject: Re: Looks like one is now gone   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 5:14 am

This is very unforuntate. We are all going to have to help pick up the slack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like one is now gone   Looks like one is now gone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like one is now gone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Taexali :: Welcome to the Tribe :: Roma Victor and Beyond-
Jump to: